Aunty Patricia once visited her doctor, complaining of frequent weakness with body pain, coupled with unnecessary sleep. Her doctor looked steadily on her and ask her these questions:
- WHEN LAST DID YOU TAKE CITRUS FRUITS?
- HOW MANY LITRES OF WATER DO YOU DRINK DAILY?
- WHEN LAST DID YOU DO YOUR EXERCISE?
We often neglect some crucial and important things we ought to do or eat for our fitness, thereby unknowingly weakening our immune system.
Immune System is a group of cells in the body “usually White blood cells”, responsible for fighting or defending the body against infections. They are also referred to as SOLDIERS OF THE BODY.
Apart from water, majority of the foods that boost the immune system must be either rich with vitamin, potassium, magnesium, folate and mineral. Healthy diet is also a required immune builder.
Foods That Boost The Immune System:
- Citrus fruits such as Grape, Orange, Tangerine, Lemon and Lime.
- Red bell pepper.
- Yogurt: Plain yogurt rather than flavoured with sugar.
- Sweet potato.
- Drink enough water daily.
Planning on boosting your immune system, you must first of all make sure of taking enough clean or sterilized water daily because without drinking enough water, no food that boost the immune system can work effectively on your body.
LETS SEE YOUR CONTRIBUTION BELOW.